COVID-19 Update: NRLP closed to the public; disconnections and late fees suspended
Out of concern for the health and safety of our customers and our employees due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), NRLP will be closed to the public until further notice. NRLP employees will continue reporting to work so there will be no disruption to operations or electric service.
We're here for you
We know that some customers have been, and will continue to be impacted financially due to issues surrounding the spread of COVID-19. We are here to help you and support you through this crisis.
Disconnections and late payment fees have been suspended until further notice. This includes customers on our prepaid service.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need any assistance during these difficult circumstances, please give us a call at 828-264-3671. We are more than happy and willing to work with you.
Please consider signing up for our Good Neighbor Round Up Program to help our community with electric bill assistance during this time of need.
How to reach us
Our office is closed to the public until further notice. However, we provide a number of ways to get in touch with us and make payments during this time:
- Online Customer Portal - Access your account, pay online, and sign up for email and text notifications
- NRLP Connect Mobile App - Download: iPhone or Android
- By phone: 828-264-3671
- By mail: P.O. Box 1130 Boone, NC 28607
- Drive Thru Window: Our drive thru window will remain open for customers wishing to drop off payments in-person, however we encourage you to use online payment methods
Please give us a call at 828-264-3671 if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with our customer portal or mobile app.
Although disconnects have been suspended, we encourage customers to continue to pay what they can to avoid accumulating a large balance that will be difficult to pay off later.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and the community is our top concern during this time.
Good Neighbor Round up Program
We encourage you to sign up for our Good Neighbor Round Up Program to help members of our community who need assistance paying their electric bills due to financial stress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
NRLP offers three ways to participate:
Choosing to round up your electric bill to the next whole dollar amount.
Adding an additional fixed amount to your monthly “rounded up” bill.
Make a one-time donation.
- App State Coronavirus Information: Resources, prevention tips, and the latest COVID-19 updates
- Appalachian Regional Health Care System
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS)
- Boone Area Chamber of Commerce
- Watauga County Department of Social Services
- Hospitality House
- High Country United Way