Late fees remain waived until further notice.
Please contact our office at 828-264-3671 with any questions, concerns, or to discuss payment arrangement options if you are struggling financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that customers are still responsible for paying for all usage and balances.
Are you facing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
We understand that many customers are facing unexpected financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. NRLP is here to help you and support you through this difficult time.
Late fees are waived until further notice and NRLP has been working with customers who have fallen behind on their bills to set up special payment plans.
If you are having trouble paying your electric bill, please call our office so that we can discuss how to best assist you and develop a plan. We are committed to serving and assisting you and our community through this difficult time.
NRLP has compiled a list of assistance agencies and resources to help customers facing financial hardship:
- Good Neighbor Roundup Program - please contact the Hospitality House (828-264-1237) for assistance
- HOPE Program - a statewide initiative that provides rent and utility assistance to renters, apply online
- High Country United Way
- 211.org - a division of United Way that helps connect customers with available financial support
- W.A.M.Y. Community Action - financial assistance available for those affected by COVID-19
- NCDHHS Crisis Intervention Program
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Watauga County Department of Social Services
- Low Income Energy Assistance (NCDHHS)
- Crisis Intervention Program (NCDHHS)
Good Neighbor Roundup Program
For those that can, we encourage you to sign up for our Good Neighbor Roundup Program to help members of our community who need assistance paying their electric bills due to financial stress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
NRLP offers three ways to participate:
Choosing to roundup your electric bill to the next whole dollar amount.
Adding an additional fixed amount to your monthly “rounded up” bill. Add an extra $1, $5, $10 or amount of your choice.
Making a one-time donation.
You do not have to be a customer of NRLP to donate to the program! If you would like to participate but are not a customer, you can make a donation by cash or check.
You can send in your donation by mail or drop it by our office. Please designate that it's for the Good Neighbor Roundup Program.
Our office lobby is open but with limited occupancy
Although we have reopened, we encourage customers to continue to utilize our online customer portal, mobile app, drive thru window, or call us for bill payment and other normal business activities if possible.
We have installed plexiglass barriers at each customer service station and have established the following guidelines to help keep everyone safe and healthy:
Only 6 people inside the lobby at a time
Yellow signs on the floor designate where to stand for proper social distancing
Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and the community is our top concern during this time.
How to reach us
- Online Customer Portal - Access your account, pay online, and sign up for email and text notifications
- NRLP Connect Mobile App - Download: iPhone or Android
- By phone: 828-264-3671
- By mail: P.O. Box 1130 Boone, NC 28607
- Drive Thru Window: Our drive thru window will remain open for customers wishing to drop off payments in-person, however we encourage you to use online payment methods
Please give us a call at 828-264-3671 if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with our customer portal or mobile app.
- App State Coronavirus Information: Resources, prevention tips, and the latest COVID-19 updates
- Appalachian Regional Health Care System
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS)
- Boone Area Chamber of Commerce
- NC Executive Order No. 124
- NC Executive Order No. 142
- North Carolina Utilities Commission Order (July 29)