COVID-19 Update: Disconnections and late fees suspended
Our office lobby is now open but with limited occupancy.
Although we have reopened, we encourage you to continue to utilize our online customer portal, mobile app, drive thru window, or call us for bill payment and other normal business activities if you can.
We have installed plexiglass barriers at each customer service station and have established the following guidelines to help keep everyone safe and healthy:
Only 6 people inside the lobby at a time
Yellow signs on the floor designate where to stand for proper social distancing
Please wait outside or use the drive thru if there are 6 people inside
Please wear a mask if you can
Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and the community is our top concern during this time.
We're here for you
New River Light & Power was quick to act and suspended disconnections and late fees for customers at the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis.
Disconnections and late fees for residential customers have been suspended through July 29, 2020.
Please keep in mind that customers will be responsible for paying for all usage and we encourage you to continue to make payments, if possible, to avoid accumulating a large balance.
We understand that this is a difficult time for many. If you need any assistance or need to make payment arrangements, please give us a call at 828-264-3671 at your earliest convenience.
We are here to help you and support you through this crisis.
Good Neighbor Round up Program
For those that can, we encourage you to sign up for our Good Neighbor Round Up Program to help members of our community who need assistance paying their electric bills due to financial stress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
NRLP offers three ways to participate:
Choosing to round up your electric bill to the next whole dollar amount.
Adding an additional fixed amount to your monthly “rounded up” bill. Add an extra $1, $5, $10 or amount of your choice.
Making a one-time donation.
You do not have to be a customer of NRLP to donate to the program! If you would like to participate but are not a customer, you can make a donation by cash or check.
You can send in your donation by mail or drop it by our office. Please designate that it's for the Good Neighbor Round Up Program.
How to reach us
Our office is closed to the public until further notice. However, we provide a number of ways to get in touch with us and make payments during this time:
- Online Customer Portal - Access your account, pay online, and sign up for email and text notifications
- NRLP Connect Mobile App - Download: iPhone or Android
- By phone: 828-264-3671
- By mail: P.O. Box 1130 Boone, NC 28607
- Drive Thru Window: Our drive thru window will remain open for customers wishing to drop off payments in-person, however we encourage you to use online payment methods
Please give us a call at 828-264-3671 if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with our customer portal or mobile app.
- App State Coronavirus Information: Resources, prevention tips, and the latest COVID-19 updates
- Appalachian Regional Health Care System
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS)
- Boone Area Chamber of Commerce
- Watauga County Department of Social Services
- Hospitality House
- High Country United Way
- NC Executive Order No. 124
- NC Executive Order No. 142