COVID-19 Update: Normal billing procedures have resumed
We understand that many customers are facing unexpected financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. NRLP is here to assist you through this difficult time.
NRLP has been working with customers who have fallen behind on their bills to set up special payment plans.
If you are having trouble paying your electric bill, please call our office at 828-264-3671 so that we can discuss how to best assist you.
NRLP has compiled a list of assistance agencies and resources to help customers facing financial hardship:
- Good Neighbor Roundup Program - please contact the Hospitality House (828-264-1237) for assistance
- HOPE Program - a statewide initiative that provides rent and utility assistance to renters
- W.A.M.Y. Community Action - financial assistance available for those affected by COVID-19
- NCDHHS Crisis Intervention Program
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Good Neighbor Roundup Program
For those that can, we encourage you to sign up for our Good Neighbor Roundup Program to help members of our community who need assistance paying their electric bills due to financial stress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
NRLP offers three ways to participate:
Choosing to roundup your electric bill to the next whole dollar amount.
Adding an additional fixed amount to your monthly “rounded up” bill. Add an extra $1, $5, $10 or amount of your choice.
Making a one-time donation.
You do not have to be a customer of NRLP to donate to the program! If you would like to participate but are not a customer, you can make a donation by cash or check.
You can send in your donation by mail or drop it by our office. Please designate that it's for the Good Neighbor Roundup Program.
How to reach us
- Online Customer Portal - Access your account, pay online, and sign up for email and text notifications
- NRLP Connect Mobile App - Download: iPhone or Android
- By phone: 828-264-3671
- By mail: P.O. Box 1130 Boone, NC 28607
Please give us a call at 828-264-3671 if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with our customer portal or mobile app.
- App State Coronavirus Information: Resources, prevention tips, and the latest COVID-19 updates
- NC Executive Order No. 124
- NC Executive Order No. 142
- North Carolina Utilities Commission Order (July 29)