COVID-19 Update: Normal billing operations have resumed
Normal billing operations have resumed.
Our office lobby is now open but with limited occupancy. We ask that no more than six people be inside the lobby at one time and we encourage you to wear a mask when inside.
We encourage you to continue to utilize our online customer portal, mobile app, drive thru window, or call us for bill payment and other normal business activities if possible.
If you need to set up payment arrangements or need assistance, give us a call at 828-264-3671 or click here for more information.
Help the High Country during the COVID-19 pandemic
For those that can, we encourage you to sign up for our Good Neighbor Roundup Program to help members of our community who need assistance paying their electric bills due to financial stress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
You do not have to be an NRLP customer to donate! Click here for more information and to sign up.
We proudly partner with the Hospitality House for this community-oriented program.
New River Light & Power Earns Highest Rating As A Reliable Public Power Provider
New River Light and Power (NRLP) has earned the highest Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3)® designation from the American Public Power Association for providing reliable and safe electric service.
NRLP was awarded the Diamond designation, the highest rating possible for a public power utility, for the first time after holding a Platinum designation for the previous six years and Gold two years prior to that.
• Customer Portal, see the video below for information
• Pay your bill online using eCheck, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
• Update your contact information
• Automatic Bank Draft (PDF)
• Good Neighbor Round Up Program available to help those less fortunate in our community
• NRLP Notifications (PDF): How to set up; Payment Reminders, Severe Weather, & Special Alerts via text or email
• 100 + Ways to Conserve Resources
NRLP's Electric Vehicle Charging Station Now Open! Located in the customer service parking area, come "fill up" for FREE.
Proud to be Your Public Power Provider
NRLP on Twitter
Several customers have received telephone calls from a person claiming to be a contractor working for NRLP. Their claim is that the customer's power will be cut off if payment arrangements are not made immediately.
• NRLP does not employ contractors to contact customers.
• NRLP does not phone customers regarding delinquency.
• NRLP does not collect payments at customer’s location.
• NRLP's telephone number is a local number (828-264-3671), NRLP does not have an 800 number.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to represent NRLP, please contact Boone Police at 828-268-6900.
If you have any questions or seek additional information relating to this scam please contact NRLP at 828-264-3671.
New River Light and Power DOES NOT accept credit card payments via email. NEVER send credit card data via email or the contact form.
Provided by ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc.
This free tool can help you to estimate the average energy usage in your home. Get started now by clicking here. Go to the "My Home" tab and complete the questions.