COVID-19 Update: NRLP closed to the public; disconnections and late fees suspended
Out of concern for the health and safety of our customers and our employees due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), NRLP will be closed to the public until further notice. NRLP employees will continue reporting to work so there will be no disruption to operations or electric service.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need any assistance during these difficult circumstances, please give us a call at 828-264-3671. We are more than happy and willing to work with you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and the community is our top concern during this time.
We want to hear from you! Please take a moment to take our 2020 customer survey.
The purpose of the survey is to measure opinions of residents and business owners regarding the electric service received from NRLP, as well as communication preferences and perceptions of new strategic initiatives.
NRLP’s customer survey is part of a larger statewide effort by ElectriCities of North Carolina to conduct comprehensive research among residential and commercial energy customers of North Carolina public power communities to gain a deeper understanding into customer’s perceptions of and satisfaction with the services they receive from their community owned utility.
Please give us a call at 828-264-3671 if you have any questions about the survey.
• Customer Portal, see the video below for information
• Pay your bill online using eCheck, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
• Update your contact information
• Automatic Bank Draft (PDF)
• Good Neighbor Round Up Program available to help those less fortunate in our community
• NRLP Notifications (PDF): How to set up; Payment Reminders, Severe Weather, & Special Alerts via text or email
• 100 + Ways to Conserve Resources
NRLP's Electric Vehicle Charging Station Now Open! Located in the customer service parking area, come "fill up" for FREE.
Proud to be Your Public Power Provider
NRLP on Twitter
Several customers have received telephone calls from a person claiming to be a contractor working for NRLP. Their claim is that the customer's power will be cut off if payment arrangements are not made immediately.
• NRLP does not employ contractors to contact customers.
• NRLP does not phone customers regarding delinquency.
• NRLP does not collect payments at customer’s location.
• NRLP's telephone number is a local number (828-264-3671), NRLP does not have an 800 number.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to represent NRLP, please contact Boone Police at 828-268-6900.
If you have any questions or seek additional information relating to this scam please contact NRLP at 828-264-3671.
New River Light and Power DOES NOT accept credit card payments via email. NEVER send credit card data via email or the contact form.
Provided by ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc.
This free tool can help you to estimate the average energy usage in your home. Get started now by clicking here. Go to the "My Home" tab and complete the questions.