Good Neighbor Round Up Program
How New River got its flow back: App State’s NRLP completes Payne Branch environmental restoration project
After nearly three months of demolition, construction and restoration efforts, NRLP has completed its grant-funded project to remove the historic Payne Branch dam, which was located off Highway 321, just south of Boone, on the Middle Fork of the New River. The project has helped rehabilitate an approximately 1,200-linear-foot section of the river corridor.
New River Light & Power Earns Highest Rating As A Reliable Public Power Provider
New River Light and Power (NRLP) has earned the highest Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3)® designation from the American Public Power Association for providing reliable and safe electric service.
NRLP was awarded the Diamond designation, the highest rating possible for a public power utility, for the first time after holding a Platinum designation for the previous six years and Gold two years prior to that.
• Customer Portal, see the video below for information
• Pay your bill online using eCheck, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
• Update your contact information
• Automatic Bank Draft (PDF)
• Good Neighbor Round Up Program available to help those less fortunate in our community
• NRLP Notifications (PDF): How to set up; Payment Reminders, Severe Weather, & Special Alerts via text or email
• 100 + Ways to Conserve Resources
NRLP's Electric Vehicle Charging Station Now Open! Located in the customer service parking area, come "fill up" for FREE.
Provided by ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc.
This free tool can help you to estimate the average energy usage in your home. Get started now by clicking here. Go to the "My Home" tab and complete the questions.