Public Service Announcement - Scam Alert!
It has come to New River Light and Power's attention that several of our customers have received telephone calls from a person claiming to be a contractor working for NRLP. Their claim is that the customer's power will be cut off if payment arrangements are not made immediately.
- NRLP does not employ contractors to contact customers.
- NRLP does not phone customers regarding delinquency.
- NRLP's telephone number is a local number (828-264-3671).
If you receive a call from someone claiming to represent NRLP, please contact Boone Police at 828-268-6900.
If you have any questions or seek additional information relating to this scam please contact NRLP at 828-264-3671.
New River Light and Power DOES NOT accept credit card payments via email. NEVER send credit card data via email or the contact form.
- Pay your bill online using eCheck, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- Update your contact information
- Automatic Bank Draft (PDF)
- Good Neighbor Round Up Program available to help those less fortunate in our community
- NRLP Notifications (PDF): Payment Reminders, Severe Weather, & Special Alerts via text or email
- 100 + Ways to Conserve Resources