NRLP customers can choose to purchase blocks of hydroelectric power to offset their monthly carbon-based electric use.
Each block costs $5 and represents 250 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of clean energy.
On average, a residential customer uses 750 kWh of electricity per month, meaning many customers can offset 100% of their usage with renewable power for just $15 extra per month.
The Green Power Program is made possible through NRLP’s wholesale power agreement with Carolina Power Partners, effective January 2022.
Renewable energy purchased through the program replaces carbon-based sources of energy, lowering the carbon footprint of NRLP, our customers and the North Carolina region where we work and play.
Clean, renewable energy purchased through the Green Power Program replaces carbon-based sources of energy, lowering the carbon footprint of NRLP, our customers and the North Carolina region where we live, work and play.
How to Purchase Blocks of Green Power
Offsetting your carbon-based electric usage is flexible and easy:
- Find out how much energy you use each month through the NRLP Customer Portal.
- Decide how many blocks you want to purchase to offset your usage. You may buy as many blocks as you like.
- Sign up online to purchase your renewable energy blocks. You can also stop by our office or give us a call at 828-264-3671.
- Track charges for your Green Power blocks on your monthly bill.
- Change or cancel your program enrollment at any time by calling our office or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.