NRLP offers several payment options:
- Bank Draft - Your electric bill will be drafted from your checking account each month. Set up automatic bank draft online or complete the Automatic Bank Draft Form and return to NRLP with a voided check from your checking account. Your bill will be mailed to you at the normal billing time and it will indicate that your account has been drafted on the bill due date.
- Prepaid Service - A flexible pay-as-you-go plan in which you pay for your electricity before you use it. More information here.
- Online - Pay by E-Check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Your account and customer numbers are required to register. Pay online through the customer portal.
- Office or Drive-Thru Window - Located at 146 Faculty Street Extension (behind Wendy’s). Office and drive-thru open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (excludes holidays).
- Mail Your Payment - P. O. Box 1130, Boone, NC 28607.
- Night Deposit Box - Located past the drive-thru window on the left, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, cashier's check, e-Check online, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. A $21.00 service charge will be applied to all returned payments.
Paperless billing is available! Sign up online here. Your account and customer number are required to register.
Residential bills are mailed on the 7th, 15th, and 25th of each month. The billing date is dependent on the location of the service.
Accounts are considered past due 25 days after the billing date. All accounts owing two (2) months delinquent bills are subject to disconnection. Service will be disconnected for non-payment after proper collection procedures have been attempted and payment has not been received.
Bills for all commercial accounts are mailed on the last working day of each month and are considered past due on the 15th of the following month. All delinquent commercial accounts will be subject to disconnection on or about the last working day of the month.
Both Residential and Commercial accounts that are disconnected for non-payment will be required to pay the past due amount plus all reconnection and service fees that apply before service is reconnected. An additional deposit may also be required on these accounts.